David has over 35 years’ business experience, of which 25 years has been at board-level. He has deep expertise in PR, communications, strategy, sales and negotiation, from working at a very senior level with many SMEs, global trade bodies and blue-chip multinationals in numerous industrial sectors, as well as five departments of the British government. His work has:
- Secured billions of pounds worth of media coverage for clients
- Helped previously little-known events, including the WTTC Summit and the Africa Hotel Investment Forum, become prominent, international gatherings of industry leaders
- Influenced the UK government to block proposed EU legislation that would have cost thousands of jobs; and to change pension rules to allow Forces widows to remarry
- Coached/mentored all kinds of people, from preparing a cabinet minister for a BBC TV interview to helping senior executives take on new roles or manage difficult situations
- Turned a retired dentist into an internationally-known celebrity
- Brought the World Series Finals (year’s top squash tournament) to The Queen’s Club
- Established an IT start-up as the world’s most authoritative source of travel information
- Created OK2Roam, which fed PCR test results from US labs to Aruba’s border systems
- Secured so much new international work for one of the Saatchi subsidiaries, when he was Sales & Marketing Director, that it won a Queen’s Award for Enterprise
He started his own consulting practice in 2001, after working for over 15 years at four top-rated communications agencies specialising in advertising, PR, motivation and big corporate events. Non-executive roles include the board of the INSEAD Mentoring Programme, director of The Queen’s Club and trustee of a grant-giving charity.
David holds an MBA from Europe’s top business school, INSEAD, a Law degree from Cambridge University and a Diploma from the Academy of Executive Coaching. Before Cambridge, he studied Chemistry for a year at Oxford, and previously attended St Pauls school.
David is a keen skier and county-level squash player. He is married with two adult children.